Can I make alterations to my property that I have bought, ie extensions and refurbishments?

Yes, this can be done however, you will sometimes need to obtain a project from an architect and submit plans to the local town hall for the building licence. There are two types of licences, one for Obra Menor (small works) where you won’t normally need a project from the architect and an Obra Mayor (major works) where you will need an architect’s project. We at Country Property will of course assist you with any introductions and the paperwork.