Feng Shui Home Advice
Main entrance and Hall
The main entrance is an area where we must pay special attention as it symbolizes the chi inlet, is the area where we create first impressions.
The hall is the continuation of the welcome that we give at the gateway, therefore the input and receiver must have:
- Good lighting
- Arranged. and tidy.
- Nothing broken or in poor condition.
- Key of the door and the ringer must work properly.
- The gateway must not drag, must be open to 180 °, or at least 90º.
- The recommended colors are peach and salmon. If this area is little illuminated, yellow.
- Not to have unpaid bills and folders or view work items.
- If you don’t have a receiver in your House, try to delimited a small space or virtually place in order to function as such.
This place says a lot about us, about our personality, how we communicate with each other.
They are social spaces to talk, read, watch TV, spend some time with friends, family, affection, etc. It is the heart of the House.
- The order is essential to ensure good circulation of energy.
- The furniture should be comfortable, safe and attractive.
- Place your chair that you use most in a position of security and control. This means that it should be supported on a solid wall and that from that piece of furniture you can see the front door and windows.
- Choose a variety of seats: rocking chairs, armchairs, puff, cushions, etc. that invite to the comfort.
- It is the ideal place to put family photos, souvenirs, objects that like us and remember good times.
- Recommended colors: warm, cream, yellow, earthy, green and peach.
- Essences for the living room or living room: Orange, bergamot and jasmine.
- Do not place aggressive or sad images, etc.
The dining room is associated with the Earth element and create an atmosphere of harmony and family unity must be accomplished.
- The ideal is a round wood table, since it equals to all persons, jointer.
- It must always be more chairs than members of the House, since it symbolizes that they are open to accommodate more people.
- The table must have a Center (candles, flowers, fruit, etc.), never leave the table empty since shortage and the vacuum should be avoided.
- Lighting is fundamental, is guarantee of meeting, especially on the table.
- The recommended colors are the beige, Earth, green but with warm touches like the lemon.
- Can be images or objects of landscapes, sunflowers, fish, fruits (particularly grapes that represent prosperity.
The regent element of the kitchen is wood and for feng shui this space is mainly related to health and prosperity.
- Primarily must have order and cleanliness.
- Order and cleanliness are essential conditions in the kitchen, both over the counter and inside the cupboards.
- Check that the distance between the fire and the water exceed 1,20 m. since by the theory of the elements, there would be an adverse shock that could affect both the man and the woman of the House. (the water extinguishes fire.)
- Check that there are no water leaks.
- Can be all colors less blue, deep red and orange that generate stress, discussions and nervousness.
- Do not place sacred images.
- Not have remedies at the sight.
- Keep cupboards in order and full of food.
The bedroom should be a place of serenity, a place in which we can recharge energy after a long day of work, for this reason the quality of rest is vital to our health and productivity.
We must bear in mind the following tips:
- Avoid placing elements that remind us the work nor any situation that causes us stress.
- Do not have a mirror that reflects the people when they are lying in bed.
- Avoid placing the bed’s front door, under a window or under a water tank.
- The beams symbolize a weight on our shoulders, do not place the bed beneath them.
- Do not have plants or flowers since they possess an energy intense. Just place them when there is a sick person.
From the point of view of Feng Shui, it is a place where negative energy is drained , where it circulates much dirty water, odors, etc.
For this reason, we must take into account:
- Closed toilets lids.
- The bathroom is usually a small room so keep your door closed.
- Drains, pipes and faucets in perfect state of preservation and operation, since the water must circulate freely.