This is the cookies policy of Country Property in Spain. It applies only to personal data as defined in Section 1 of the 1998 Data Protection Act (“personal information” or “information”) and not other types of business or general information. The policy tells you who we are, how we collect personal information about you through this website, what we intend to use that information for, with whom we intend to share it, and how we keep it secure.
2. How we collect information from you
- By the use of “cookies”
- A cookie is a small text file which is transferred from a website and stored on your computer, tablet, or Smartphone. It enables a website to “remember” who you are.
- Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies but if you are using Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and most other popular browsers, you should be able to configure your browser to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish.
- You can disable the cookies that we attach if your browser supports this. To check and update your cookie settings, you will need to know what browser you are using (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or any other) and what version of it you have. You can usually find this out by opening the browser, then clicking on ‘Help’ and then ‘About’. This will give you information about the browser version you are using.
- Please remember that if you amend your cookie settings your browsing experience may be negatively affected. You may be unable to use some of our online services.
3. By registration
- We collect information about you that you provide when you register to enquiry information.
- Through completion of online forms
- We collect information about you if you complete any of the various forms on our site to contact us to make enquiries.
- We need you to give us certain information, which will be indicated on the form you are required to complete, in order to enquiry information from us. It would help us if you give us any other information that you think will be relevant, but you are under no obligation to do so.
- Through traffic data and site statistics. We do keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our server, such as your IP address, the URL you visited before ours, the URL you visit after leaving our site, and which pages you visit.
- We also collect some site statistics such as page hits and page views.
- We are not readily able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
- By you contacting us by other methods other than the website
- The website provides our primary telephone number and email addresses for you to contact us. We will collect information from you that you provide through any of these methods.
- We may also collect other information you supply to us after your initial contact with us.
4. Security and storage of information
- We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organizational measures against its unauthorized or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- Please remember that normal Internet email is unsecure. We do, however, use secure connections when you open an account with us and when you access your account.
- We will store your information at least for the duration of any client relationship we have with you, or as otherwise required by law (normally up to a maximum of 7 years for legal and tax reasons).
- Our approach, responsibilities, and commitment to information security are set out in our Information Security policy.
5. What your information is used for
- If you buy software or services from us, we will use your information to fulfill your order and to provide you with the software or service you have requested.
- If you agree when you register with us or buy from us, we will also use your information for marketing purposes. If you do not want the information we hold on you to be used in this manner, you must contact us by email at [email protected] and establish your preferences.
- If you do not object, we will use the information we hold on you to contact you for feedback on your use of our software and/or services and/or website.
- We may use aggregated data about users of our site, sales patterns and other statistical data to improve our site, but it will not be possible to identify individuals from that aggregated data.
6. With whom we may share your information
- We will not share your information with any other organization except in the following circumstances.
- We will share your information with another organization to which we transfer, or are in discussions to transfer, our rights and obligations under our agreement with you.
- We may share your information with another organization that buys our company or our assets, or with another organization from which we acquire a company or business, and in the course of any preceding negotiations with that organization, which may or may not lead to a sale.
- We may share your information with our funders or potential funders, such as our bank and with our professional advisers who have a reasonable need to see it.
- We will disclose your information to enforcement authorities if asked to do so, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings or if otherwise required to do so by law.
7. Your rights
- You have a right to rectify any errors in information we hold about you, and to change or correct any details you have already given us. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
- You also have a right to be removed from any mailing list we hold at any time, but you must first contact us email at [email protected]