Buy a property and build legally in Spain
It is possible, but you must follow the legal rules, a make each step at the time.
If you wish to live in a country property in Aragon or in a country property in Catalonia please read this very carefully:
• Remember that it is important to speak to a solicitor concerning building regulations and other matters before you go ahead and give any deposit.
Bear in mind that living in a caravan in Spain is strictly forbidden. You may only have a caravan on your property in the following cases:
• The architect’s plans to renovate, restore or build your dwelling have been submitted to the council. (please read the building regulations in Catalonia and Aragon)
• The council has given you the license to start with the building• You ask for a permission to locate your caravan on the land while you are doing the works. the council has to give you this certificate in written form.
Building regulations to live in the country in Catalonia:
• It is very important that you know that it is not possible to build new houses in the country in Catalonia. The only way we can live in the country in Catalonia – Catalonia, is if we buy a dwelling. This may sound very difficult but it is not.
• Log cabins are strictly forbidden in spain. Many people think this is an option for many reasons… but it is not.
The process to restore the dwelling in a Country Property in Catalunya is:
How to buy country properties in catalunya?
• You are now about to start a new adventure… restoring your dreamed house in Catalonia.
Building regulations to live in the country in Aragon:
• LOG CABINS ARE STRICTLY FORBIDDEN IN SPAIN. Many people think this is an option for many reasons… but it is not.
• The process to restore the dwelling in a Country Property in ARAGON is: (it is very important to know that all building permissions have been cancelled in Aragon until each Council has the Plan General de Urbanismo, approved)
5. When the builders have finished you will have the Certificate of Habitation from your architect and the Council.
How to buy country properties in Aragon?
It is advisable to go to the Notary the previous day so that you know what you are going to sign. If you are on your own with the Notary you will feel free to ask all your concerns. If you have a solicitor, this step is not necessary as the solicitor will do everything for you.